Communication Surge Protection Device (SPD)
SuryaLogix’s RS 485 Surge Protection Device / Communication Surge Protection Device (SPD) is manufactured keeping the gold standard of industry best practices as the core foundation.
Most importantly our Dataline SPD is designed to meet the solar energy sector industry requirement.
Renewable energy sources are becoming increasingly important.
However, the systems are at particular risk from lightning currents and surge voltages.
This is because most are situated in exposed locations or they are at particular risk of lightning strikes due to their surface area.
Take preventive action: surge protection significantly increases the availability of your systems. PV systems require special protective circuits.
Depending on the system configuration and grounding conditions, we provide suitable arresters that can safely handle these high DC voltages.
Our Solution: RS 485 Surge Protection Device / Communication Surge Protection Device (SPD)
RS 485 Surge Protection Device
- Wiring and assembly of SLCPD107RD must only be carried out by professionally qualified electricians.
- During installation product must not be powered.
- Before proceeding with the installation, check the external status of the device ensuring it has not suffered any damage during transportation or other.
- The use of SLCPD107RD is limited to scope and conditions described above.
Data Line SPD Overview
Telecommunication and data transmission devices (PBX, modems, data terminals, sensors, etc…) are increasingly more vulnerable to lightning induced voltage surges.
They have become more sensitive, complex and have an increased vulnerability to induced surges due to their possible connection across several different networks.
These devices are critical to a company’s communications and information processing.
As such, it is prudent to insure them against these potentially costly and disruptive events.
A data line surge protector installed in-line, directly in front of a sensitive piece of equipment will increase their useful life and maintain the continuity of the flow of your information.
To select the correct surge protector for your installation, keep the following in mind:
- Nominal and Maximum Line Voltages
- Maximum Line Current
- Number of Lines
- Data Transmission Speed
- Type of Connector (Screw Terminal, RJ, ATT110, QC66)
- Mounting (Din Rail, Surface Mount)